Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

HOW TO FIND THE MEANING OF A WORD?





Hello! Good evening friends!


In my olden days, dictionary was the main source of my knowledge. Now also I could say that the illustrated Oxford dictionary was the basic of my knowledge. I used those photographs to imagine "how the four strokes of the engine works?", "how the radar system works?", etc. On that days, there was no internet access for me.


Now, I have internet access and everybody could see that Oxford dictionary with dust, in the cupboard. Poor dictionary. Okay! Now I am going to share with you, "how I use Google to find the exact meaning of a word, along with its translations?"


The procedure is very very simple with the powerful search engine, Google!


  1. Open your web browser.
  1. Type "https://google.com" in the address bar.
  1. In the search box, type "define:<the word to be searched>". [For example, to search the meaning of the word google, type define:google].
  1. Now press the "Google Search" button.
  1. Now, at the top of the search results page, there will be a box with the following details of the word.
  • pronunciation [along with voice]
  • meanings [usage as noun, verb, etc]
  • origin
  • translation to various languages
  • use over time [in the form of a graph]

So simple! Isn't it!? 


Then what are you waiting for? Give a try!


Thanking You!


No comments:

Post a Comment